Drinking games are great to spice up a boring party and most importantly get drunk. When you are at a college party, there are certain games you should play and certain games we advise against. Here are the top five best party games.
1. Flip cup: Flip cup is a great game to meet a bunch of people and get drunk fast. Using jungle juice instead of beer is always a good choice if you really are looking to get drunk fast. I remember my first flip but don’t worry, the more drunk you get, the better you usually get.
2. Ride the bus: (3+ People) Yet again this game works better the more players involved. The rules of this game may sound tricky but after a round or two it becomes really fun and it’s a great way to get pretty smashed. Start by sitting around a table with a deck of cards. One player will deal one card to each player during each round and the players hold onto these cards.
Round 1: This round is called red or black. When dealing out a card the player must guess whether the card they receive is black or red. If they are correct they make another player drink, but if they are wrong they have to drink.
Round 2: High or low. Players have to guess whether the next card they are dealt will be higher or lower than their previous card. Yet again if they are correct they make another player drink, but if they are wrong they have to drink.
Round 3: In or out. Players have to guess whether the next card will be in-between the previous cards amounts or outside of that amount. So if the previous cards were a 2 and 7 and the player guesses out and they receive a 5 they would have to drink. If they received a 9 they would make another player drink.
Round 4: Guess the suit. This one is simple yet difficult to guess. The players must simply what suit the card that they are dealt will be. Same rules on drinking apply.
Round 5: The dealer should line up a pyramid of cards arranged from 4 at the bottom at 1 at the top. Start by overturning a card at the bottom and if it matches a card in anyones hand they get to give their card to another person and make them drink. This process is repeated until the whole pyramid is gone. The object is give away as many of your cards (You don’t want to have a lot of cards) The person with the most cards gets the privilege of riding to bus! Hurray!
Riding the bus is done by shuffling all the cards and then dealing 10 cards in 7 rows. 1 card in the first row, 2 in the second, 3 in the third, 4 in the fourth, 3 in the fifth, 2 in the sixth, and 1 in the seventh. The player that gets to ride the bus has to start by flipping over a card in the first row and go all the way to the last without flipping over a face card. Every time a face card is flipped over the player has to drink. The dealer then covers any cards that were flipped and the player has to start again. Repeat until the reach the last row. Enjoy drinking and start the whole game over again!
3. Landmine: (4+ People) You will need four or more people to play (the more the better), one or preferably several quarters, tons of beer in cans only, and shot glasses per person is optional and preferred. One random person starts by filling up their shot glass with their own beer, spinning the quarter on the table, and taking the shot. They then pick the quarter up with the same hand they took the shot with their index and middle finger.
If you are successful in picking the quarter up you pass it to the left and that person goes. If you fail to pick up the quarter before it falls or if it falls of the table you must fill up your shot and try again.
Now once you’re done with your beer you can slam it down on the quarter during someone’s turn. The beer can is then left there as an obstacle and the person has to go again. You should also squeeze the beer can or remove it’s top so everyone knows that it is a landmine. Soon enough the table will be filled with landmines which will create a problem for all the players.
HINTS: You can always save your beer cans to really punish someone or everyone can gang up on someone if you really wanna get them drunk.
4. Swat: (4+ people) First off this game needs to be played outside because cups will going flying. You will need four or more people for this game, but honestly having about eight is best. You will also need 20+ cups, ping pong balls, beer and a liquor of choice. Start by filling up 10 cups with flip-cup amounts of beer and one cup with a shot or two of your liquor of choice. Arrange all these cups in the center of the table.
Now that you have prepared the table you just need two more empty cups to play with. The game is played much like quarters, two random players start by trying to bounce the ping-pong balls into the empty cups. If they make the cup on the first bounce they can pass their empty cup to any player on the table. If they make it on two or more bounces they pass their cup to the left. You keep going around until someone catches up and has the other player directly to their left. Instead of passing the cup to the left (provided that you make the cup) you swat the other persons cup and pass yours two spaces to the left. That person then has to grab a cup out of the middle, drinks it, and begins bouncing again.
You keep playing until all the cups in the middle are gone (things get really competitive when only the liquor cup remains). This game is great for drinking during the summer and becomes fast paced when people start getting good. Enjoy!
5. Waterfall/Kings: (4+ people) This game requires 4 or more people, a deck of cards, and plenty of beer. Start by sitting everyone around a table and arrange the cards face down around a cup filled with beer or some other crazy concoction. The players will start flipping up a card and placing it on top the glass. Each card has a different rule for drinking and here they are:
2 is for you – the player picks someone to drink
3 is for me – the player drinks
4 is for whores – all the girls drink
5 is for jib – the player starts by creating a hand motion or some other crazy dance move and the next player to the left does that same jib and adds on and so on. (this is a lot like thumper)
6 is for dicks – all guys drink
7 is for heaven – last one to point upwards has to drink
8 is pick a date – the player picks another player to drink with. (any time you or your date has to drink both of you drink)
9 is for rhyme – the player picks a word to rhyme with and all the players have to then find another word that rhymes, if they don’t they drink
10 is categories – the player picks a category such as types of dogs or types of beer and everyone has to answer (no repeats) if they fail they drink
Jack is thumb master – the player can at any time during the game put their thumb on the table, last one to follow suit has to drink. (they are thumb master until another jack is flipped)
Queen is question master – this player can question anyone anytime during the game and if they answer they have to drink. (yet again they are queen master until a new queen is flipped)
King is a rule – Come up with a cool rule such as talking in a british accent or saying something before you drink. If you fail to follow the rule you have to drink
Ace is waterfall – The player starts to drink and everyone has to drink when he/she stops the person to the left can stop. However the person to the left can keep drinking and everyone else has to continue and so one. (the person to the right of the player who drew a ace is screwed)