Everyone knows the simple ways to act like a gentlemen: hold the door for a lady or carry heavy objects when needed. While there are many known common gestures, there are also many others you may have not heard of, we have laid them out for you. You can also find our follow up article “Miscellaneous: The “Don’ts” of Being a Proper Gentleman” here.
- Walk her home – Walking a girl home shows you are interested in keeping her safe and protect. It will not come off negitive, unless you expect a goodnight hook up. Be humble and show that at the end of the day you and her know she is safe with you.
- Offer up your seat – When in a public setting and you see a lady standing, offer your seat. It does not matter how comfortable you are, offering to give up your seat or a girl, pregnant lady, woman, or older women, it’s a sign of class. When asking, make sure you stand up. Offering while sitting comes off lazy and they are more likely to disapprove.
- Walk on the outside of the sidewalk – Walking on the outside of the side walk the most rare one in my eyes. This makes sure the girl is protected away from the street, rain or other objects coming out windows or patios of buildings. Not many girls will notice this, but if she does, she will definitely appreciate it.
- Watch your tongue - Proper is not just about dress or attitude, it is about your language. Always remember she and others are listening, keep your grammar filled with class
- Introduce her – When you are out with her, introduce her to your friends. She wants to feel included and nothing is worse standing awkwardly in a circle not knowing anyone talking