Happy New Years everyone! (Sorry it’s a little late, we’ve been on vacation – a.k.a. ignoring all responsibility). We know that almost everyone out there makes the oh so popular resolution to get in shape. We’re not judging any one on creativity here. We actually want to help and make 2012 your best year yet! Here are some tips that help us carry our lazy butts to the gym everyday.
1) If you’re going to be sitting on the computer, do something that keeps your resolution in mind. Pinterest! Keep a motivation board with exercise ideas, inspirational phrases, and Victoria’s Secret models.
2) Feel good in your workout clothes. When do you ever have fun when you don’t feel pretty? The gym is no different, and if you have fun you’re more likely to go back.
3) Load your iPod up with energetic music. Good music will help you from getting bored when you’re doing an ab workout or cardio. Fratmusic.com has a playlist for exercising!
4) Have a workout buddy! Have someone that will hold you accountable and make you exercise. Pick someone who can go with you at the same time and keep a steady schedule.
5) Sign up for fun classes! We’re taking a Zumba class right now and love it. It’s really energetic and fun. You might also want to try spinning class, kick boxing, or hot yoga (apparently you literally sweat weight off).
6) Eat healthy too. Try keeping a journal of meal plans and snacks to keep track of what you’re eating. Try to snack on more fruits and nuts, and drink more water and juice.
7) Set short term goals. Instead of saying, I’m going to lose 10 pounds, try thinking of just aiming to do 15 minutes on the elliptical and lunges. This makes you feel more accomplished and successful!
8 ) Reward yourself (but not with food)! What feels better than fitting into new clothes?
Classy Caroline and Tasteful Taylor