Everyone knows what Valentine’s Day is in the United States. You take the certain special someone out and/or get them gifts of love and affection (Chocolates, Flowers, heart shaped things). But what do other countries do? Check it out.
- In South Korea, women buy men chocolate – 1 month later (March 14th), the men buy women non-chocolate candy
- Japan, women buy chocolate for men. There is a special chocolate called Hommei they purchase. Lots of Japanese chocolate companies make half of their annual sales during this time
- Italy, the place of Saint Valentine – similar to the Western States. Some do very expensive gives like diamonds
- Canada, parties and balls are thrown
- United Kingdom, many write each other poems and sonnets
Check out our article last week about Valentine’s Day Activities. What ever you do, have a great day and make sure you make your loved ones do too.